BONUS Insight - ""How to Prepare For the Tax Man and What YOU MUST Ask"
Your Time Matters SO…
“Networking With a Twist” Helps You Get Maximum Mileage Out Of Your
Business Networking Investment
First Timer: $57.00
Non-member Cost: from $97.00
Member Cost: $75.00
Why Do You Go To Networking Events?
- Do you go to buy products and services from other business owners? - NO!
- Do you go to sell your products and services to other business owners? - NO!
Networking is about building relationships, establishing valuable connections, and gaining knowledge so that you can create opportunities. It’s about starting conversations that you can continue outside the event and building trust. Networking events can and do lead to more business opportunities, partnerships, and sales, but that is not their primary purpose.
"The networking was brilliant- not only the idea but the tips and how to approach it with no ‘sales pitch’ or ‘elevator pitch’ was very refreshing”.
M.Dulberg, WebbyWeb Designs, 2016
Why “Networking with a Twist”?
Because we’re different.
Have you ever gone a networking event and been:-
• Monopolised by someone who was trying to make a sale?
• Interrupted every time you found someone worth listening to by the ‘agenda’?
• Inundated with business cards… most of them meaningless and irrelevant?
• Frustrated because you didn’t get to talk to anyone relevant?
• Awkward and embarrassed because you didn’t know anyone and didn’t want to interrupt?
We have… and we hate it! As business owners ourselves, we know time is a scarce and non-renewable resource. Yet networks are critical if we are to gain access to the people, services, products, and ideas we need. That’s why we designed a different type of networking event that delivers maximum value in minimum time and makes sure you aren’t standing on your own.
Your Time Matters “Networking With A Twist” Events are designed to:
• Create relevant meaningful conversations that lead to opportunities
• Deliberately match you with like-minded business owners that can help you achieve your networking goals
• Ensure you gain maximum value from the time and money you invest in networking
What Happens at a “Networking With A Twist” Event?
• 2 1/2 hours of open networking and matched conversations giving you plenty of time to talk and listen to others
• 2 x tables of 6-8 strategically matched, like-minded business owners to have timed discussions with (so no one monopolises the conversation)
• YTM’s UNIQUE Conversation Starter cards to create meaningful discussions (great for improving conversation skills)
• You learn more about yourself and your business as well as about others’
• An informative and relevant speaker to provide ideas and guidance for your business
When you register, we’ll ask about your networking goals:-
• People you’d like to meet
• Partnerships you are looking for
• Services or products you need
• Complementary businesses etc
This information enables us to introduce you to like-minded people when you arrive, and place you strategically at tables that give you the greatest opportunity to make connections with the people you are looking for.
“Your Time Matters’ events are about connecting, engaging, building relationships and seeking opportunities to grow yourself and your business… Not selling!”
Bookings are Essential and Close 24 Hours Prior to Event!
Why? - Because we take time to strategically match you with other guests at tables, and line up suitable introductions for when you arrive.
In addition to ample opportunity for conversation during open networking and table conversations, this month our valuable insight is:
Insight - "How to prepare for the Tax man and what you MUST ask"
Guest Speaker: Angelo Papalexiou, AP Taxation
This valuable presentation will help you understand
- The importance of tax planning - Does your accountant engage with you during the year and before financial year end?
- Effective business structures and choosing the right structure for your business
- Business Restructuring – new rules effective 1/7/16 giving capital gains tax relief for growing businesses – a must know!
- Tax Essentials for businesses in “start-up” and “growth” phase
- Federal and state taxes to be aware of when in business
- Case studies – how tax is minimised in the real world!
- Other Tax Tips you MUST know!
Angelo Papalexiou, a fully qualified Chartered Accountant, is actively involved in assisting his clients meet their financial aspirations..
With over 15 years’ experience in the accounting profession, Angelo was employed as a Business Services Manager for two inner Melbourne based mid-tier firms managing a team of accountants and a portfolio of clients.
This subsequently led Angelo to begin his own accounting practice, specializing in taxation and business services, having realised that most accountants were operating with an old, traditional mentality and not providing valued services to their clients.
Your Time Matters is dedicated to helping individuals, business owners, and corporations develop the networking skills and business knowledge they need to accelerate their growth and achieve their goals, making businesses bigger and better.
LIMITED SEATING -
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL AND CLOSE 24 HOURS PRIOR
NON REFUNDABLE OR TRANSFERABLE
“Wonderful. Met relevant business contacts. Following up with at least three. I have attended networking groups for years…yours was the first group to give real contacts and with you knowing and making introductions was great”.
F. Pappa, August, 201